The Academic Startup Competition is looking for the most promising academic startup in the Netherlands!
During the third edition of the ASC; Techleap, Universities of the Netherlands, AcTI, NFU, THRIVE Institute and the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate, are looking for the most promising academic startups in the Netherlands.
Registration is open till 15 August 2022. On September 1st, our distinguished jury will choose 20 startups who will be invited to the Inspiration Event in September and get to compete during the Grand Finale in October.
The 10 winning startups of this year’s ASC, will be offered a tailored-made business trip to the USA in November 2022, provided by the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate.
The participation criteria for the Academic Startup Competition 2022 are:
- You are an academic startup with the ambition and potential to be disruptive and scale internationally within the coming 5 years
- You are a successful transfer from science/technology developed at a Dutch University, University Medical Center, KNAW, NWO institute or TO2
- You are registered at the Chamber of Commerce
- You are maximum 5 years in incorporation
- You are present at both the Preparation Event & Finale
- You have not won the Academic Startup Competition Award in previous editions. You are not allowed to compete in future competitions using the same company. Winners may only participate in future competitions when pitching a new company
The Academic Startup Competition looks for startup companies that are linked to the world of academia. We provide a stage for academic entrepreneurs from all fields. Leading from deep-tech, to SDG-focused, to social startups.
The ASC aims to valorize academic startups in their respective fields, whilst also wanting to connect them with startups from other fields. Sharing skills, knowledge and expertise is why we want to include various and diverse organizations into our network. We do this by giving national and international recognition to academic startups that provide innovative solutions to global challenges.
This year’s grand prize, the tailor-made business trip to the USA, is the optimal way of connecting the Dutch and American startup ecosystem, which are among the two highest ranked in the world.